Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Recovery




The left photo is me at the kitchen table futzing with the laptop, ditto the next one. The lower left is me in my shop saying hi to the gang, well most of it. The last is the picture of the flowers that I received at the hospital. The mums did not get into the first round of pictures. They are out on the deck now and have opened up to a yellow center. The bunch from Kathy ended up at Gens' because we were out of room in the Focus. Jan and I did take another trip up to New Ulm the day before yesterday for some stuff at Walgreens and then continued on the river road up past Harkins' store. Not a whole lot going on around here, we are really getting into a routine with feedings, meds, bath time and spending some time on the computer. One of Jan's' co-workers made up a list of their movies and I am picking out the good ones, so that helps pass the time. Yesterday we found out that my brother in law Steve Johnson had been rushed to the hospital in St. Cloud with heart trouble . They cleared up some blockages but they are looking at more surgery down the road. Will have to add them to the prayer list too. I ran into an older gentleman at Fort Snelling earlier this year that told me "the first 50 years are for building after that it's all repair work". It is starting to sound more apropos all the time. Stay in touch and don't be afraid to leave a comment, unless it isn't nice of course.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd leave a comment, but I can't think of anything nice to say! You are doing really good putting up with my "nursing" skills. Hang in there...every day gets better. Before you know it, you'll be back on the road. Love ya!

Lindsey said...

Was it nice to get in your garage and see all your babies?

Hang in there and think about that wonderful first meal that you will get to have. Or maybe that first beer that you'll get to have!!!

Lindsey said...

Hey, good to see you out and about, have you sat in your aerostitch with a helmet on yet? See, thats why we should split a good helmet cam then you could have been watchin a couple good rides...--e

DD4 said...

Pete, I'm so happy to see your progress! Getting outside the house helps, I'm sure. Maybe you should consider crocheting or knitting ~ no kidding. A husband of one of my friends is crocheting the most beautiful winter hats and scarves. It's not hard to learn.