Saturday, October 18, 2008

one of these days

Just a short post here. I will bring you up to date on the goings on here, or lack there-of. I have pretty much been devoting my time to getting better, although from point of view it is going way too slow. I must listen to the professionals who tell me that I am ahead of the curve, but maybe they just say that to keep my spirits up. This week I have been eating my meals with a spoon out of the blender. Every time I run up a can of soup etc. I look at the blender and think of Linda Ronstad- think about it- it's a Waring blender. Anyhow, Pastor Johnson stopped by Friday for a short visit and Mom and I went cruising in the afternoon. We went the usual route to Mt. Lake, down to Bergen and cross country through the windmill farm back to Ormsby and St. James. She brought me over some home made soup of hers which went through the blender and down the hatch for supper. As usual it has the commercial brands beat hands down. I have also been limping around the house without the walker more lately too and it seems to be going well but awkwardly. Today Jan and I are going to run up to New Ulm again for some shopping. Other than that it has been a quiet week here in St. James. Oh ya, I start PT on Monday so we will see how I am doing a week from now. Just think 3 weeks ago I was just out of surgery and wondering if I would live to see Sunday. The curve has definitely been steeply up since then. I don't what I would have done without Saint Jan at my side the last weeks, literally.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do think about all the progress you have made. I know you may be impatient but we all want you to heal completely which will take you some time. See you next week.

DD4 said...

It seems like you've come a long way, Pete. I'm so proud of you!

By the way, are you a reader?

MamaD4 said...

Donna, here's an example from our childhood:

"Dad?"

"Dad?"

"Dad?"

"DADDDDDD!!!!!???"

Dad: "Huh?"

Because he was completely and totally engrossed in a book.

Yes, he's a reader.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rachie, I couldn't have said it better.

MamaD4 said...

You're welcome.

I think my siblings and Saint Janice will agree with my synopsis.

Anonymous said...

mamad4, you may still call me mom...
and Donna, picture Hans reading...that's Pete too.

DD4 said...

So, I take it you have books available to read? Do you use the public library as Rachel does?

Anonymous said...

This for DD4. You haven't seen my library have you? Although I am not in the same league as Hans as far as shelf space goes. I tend towards Viet-Nam, techno thrillers and aviation etc., etc..