Monday, October 6, 2008

More Progress reports




T

















To the top left is me sitting in the car before a ride to New Ulm to visit Target. It sure felt good to get out of the house for a little bit, but I am having some difficulty getting used to the idea that it takes so much out of me to do such previously small things. Yesterday afternoon while I was taking my post lunch nap something woke me up. Jan's and co-worker Mick and her two daughters Sophie and Claire were raking leaves off of the deck and lawn. I guess that you never know who will show up to help, so I just had to get their pictures into this blog, Sophie is the older of the two girls and Claire of course is the younger and Mick is Mom. My brother and sister in law, Phil and Laura also drove down from Delano to see me and Eli, Lindsey, Leah and Aaron were here about the same time so I had plenty company for awhile. I look plenty scary to me but Leah jumped right up in my lap when she was over. Maybe it is because I have never been down like this before, I've not been aware of the power of human contact on your outlook, I promise to change in the future if at all possible. Anyhow Saint Jan keeps me fed and medicated even at my 0200 round. I imagine that it is a little like feeding a baby although I don't cry as much. I am sitting here in front of our kitchen windows watching the squirrels peel and eat walnuts and the changing leaves fall off the trees. Well, stay in touch and I'll try to do the same.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

It sure is nice having a blog entry so often. It's a great way to stay updated.

Love Phil's goofy smile...you know, I can think of a few pictures where he's grinning that toothy way! I wish that you guys would have gotten to watch the game.

I'm glad that Leah wasn't scared to sit on your lap, though she looks curious about your bandage.

Bless Mick and her girls!

Lindsey said...

Leah was happy to see her Grandpa. She missed you!! I was on your blog the other day and she came up and said, "Grandpa!" when she saw one of your pictures.