Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Rochester weekend











Jan and I spent the weekend in Rochester as you may surmise from the title of this blog. Gen was off in the wilds of Wisconsin running in a relay race from Lacrosse to the Cities. You can get a much more detailed brief from her blog, which I am sure most of you know. This picture is of Gussie after his bath which was administered by Gramma Jan. He is a real good eater and moving right along into rolling over and sitting up by himself and he is so good natured.
I may get the layout of the pictures figured out sooner or later but every time I add a picture it goes into the upper left corner and pushes the previous on to the right. Anyhow, I'll let you figure out which one I am talking about. One is Gen and Steve on the couch Saturday evening after supper just after her return from the race, she is bushed. One is Gen and Sam this morning after 8 or 9 hours of sleep, big difference. Then I'll throw in another of Gussie from this morning.
Saturday was also the Patriot Guard state rally in Stewartville and I wanted to pick up some items from the PGR store. I didn't get in on the ride around southeastern Minnesota but they had a big turnout. While in Stewartville I ran into Allan Peterson who I see at most missions in this area. I asked him how many bikes were on the ride and he said they were in the middle of the pack but could not see either end of the group on straight sections of road. Judging by the amount of bikes in the parking lot there must have been hundreds for sure. The last time I checked I think the there over 4300 members in Minnesota and well over 100,000 in the country. Well, I hope that sorting out the pictures won't be too difficult and take care and stay in touch.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

I'm sure the wonderfully stable chubby platform Gus has makes it much easier to sit up! Or maybe it makes it more difficult...