Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Tuesday

Nothing much new today. I ran up to Lake Crystal this morning to check on a recall on the GS, it turns out that there are three on this machine so it will be a couple hour process. One is just software, one is on a brake line routing but the third is gonna be fun. A component in the ignition key sensing unit is going bad and needs to be replaced. Naturally due to the steps taken to thwart thieves it is damn near impossible to remove and replace this item. I wish them good luck. Ron, the shop owner just got back from Sturgis and said attendance was way off this year. Maybe due to fuel costs for the big motorhomes that some drive from all over the country. Also went on to Mankato to price out times for the Focus, 28,000 miles and the original tires are toast. Will run up tomorrow to change. I need to get back to Francesca the 94 Ducati 900 and try some fresh fuel in the tank to see if I can get her to run like she used to. I really don't want to have to take her in the shop as no one works on Ducks for fun. Bye

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Maybe John McCain scared people off from Sturgis? I read that he encouraged his wife to participate in the Miss Buffalo Chip competition.

Anonymous said...

I guess we should have gone to Sturgis this year. Something tells me, however, that even though the "numbers" were down, it was still pretty crowded!