Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's still winter here
















Last Saturday we attended a birthday party for our grandson Gus at his home in Rochester. Except for the DeFors all of his cousins, aunts, uncles, minus Joe, grand, and great grandparents were there. This first photo is Gussie and his uncle Bill having fun at his level. The weather - boy I'm on this subject a lot lately- was clear but cold again or still, I think about +12. Not warm but the sun was melting snow on the roof and the roads. I'll throw in a few pictures from the party and you can jump to the Tatertot blog to see more. As usual you have to start at the end of the photos and read back toward the top to get these pictures into sequence. That is another skill that I have not mastered yet, getting pictures and text co-ordinated. Oh well, the party was a big success, everybody had fun and got home safely. Last week I had my VA physical at our local clinic and as usual- I use that word a lot don't I- I learned something new from the PA I have been seeing out there. She was checking my feet out and remarked what a good thing it is to have hair growing on your toes, something that never occurred to me, as it is a sign of good circulation in your legs and feet. She said not to worry about losing hair on your head as it isn't the same thing. I remarked that my hair does seem to be migrating south on my body to my nose and eyebrows etc. Back to the story, she said I have nice feet- I have always been rather fond of them myself and tried to protect them- she said " you would not believe some of the feet I've seen". I have put a lot of miles on those feet and I intend to put a lot more on them before I am done here. Now if the weather would just straighten up I be able to get some more miles on. Other than that I have been putzing with the bikes some, put new brake pads on the RT and have the rear wheel off to get a fresh tire for it, and moving the trickle charger around to keep all of the batteries in good shape. The funny thing about this blogging stuff, I sit down trying to think of something to say and the next thing I know I have a page full, anyhow, be healthy, be solvent and stay in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, can't wait for the day (coming VERY soon) that you're out the door to motorcycle and I remind you that you thought you'd never be well enough to do any riding again. :) Yep, can't wait...

I guess my sainthood is over.

Anonymous said...

Not yet it's not.

MamaD4 said...

Seriously, hair? Then Mom's feet must be a lot healthier than they look...!