Thursday, December 11, 2008

another garage











Yesterday I ventured off to Jay Leno's garage. Believe me it is a whole lot more interesting than mine by far!! If you are interested in performance vehicles of any kind take a look. For instance, he has a 427 Cobra replica that he says the 427 side-oiler was giving him trouble so he slips a 427 SOHC in. After going over the car it's " lets take it out for a drive", did I mention that these are videos? Anyhow it's cars, bikes, airplanes, you name it he's got one or is going for rides in. Anyhow I marked that site in my favorites list for return visits. This time of year has me dreaming about all the riding that I want to do next year, and you thought that I would be dreaming of Christmas, speaking of which, I also need to start on my Christmas letter too. I head out to the garage, turn on the heat, fire up the amp and the cd player or the tv and putz around with the bikes. I am entertaining the idea of thinning out the herd some to generate some traveling funds, but it's just a thought for now. After following the book by Neil Peart I got a cd by "Rush" and have it in the player in the garage, I like it a lot. Sitting at breakfast this morning I had this whole train of thought about how I was going to do this blog but by the time I got sat down and the computer fired up it was gone, rats. To quote a close relative,"whatever". PT has been going well I guess. I am hard pressed to see any progress, but trying to stretch the jaw further open is the major project now. At least progress there is measurable. Also the work area on my calf is getting better with only one point left that needs covering, so I guess that that is moving forward. Friday Jan and I will head up to hear Donna's concert at Woodale church in the Cities, it's quite a production and spend the night at Phil and Laura's. There have been a few PGR missions this last week but I just don't feel like freezing my feet off lately even though the cost of driving to these mission locations has come down considerably. If I can find some pictures of summer biking on the hard drive I will throw them on too. Take care and leave a comment?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog, hon. I don't know about that thinning the herd part...

You ARE making progress, just not fast enough for you. Hang in there or "whatever".

Anonymous said...

I like your blog too. I'll have to visit Jay Leno's garage. He mentions it every night. I'm glad to be home in foggy California. But I still think fog and rain are better than all that SNOW.

Anonymous said...

Neil Peart's book is great. He appears in this very funny movie about air-drummers too... Adventures of Power. Played in Calgary.

www.adventuresofpower.com

Lindsey said...

I forgot about those Canadian's..man they can drink..I never got a response back from that Craig guy, what bike's are yo talking about??-e

Anonymous said...

probably the BMW RT and the VFR

Badger said...

So nice to see green trees and sunshine!