Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Big Day

Tomorrow is the day I have been agonizing over all week long. We meet with the doctors to find out what all those tests last week will tell us. I am sure that Friday will still be the day of surgery but it would be nice to wake up most of my parts still intact, but time will tell. Jan and I are heading over to Rochester this afternoon after she gets off work to spend the night. Our appointment is at 0930 on Thursday so in 25 hours we should know what lies ahead. I just wish that I could make it easier on the people around me. I always feel that I have lived such a charmed life, I guess that now is the time to pay up. I don't know what I would have done if I had not had Jan to hold my hand through all of this. This is when those wedding vows " in sickness and in health" start to mean something. Does this sound like whining? I suppose so but I am not used to this sort of thing. Whatever, please keep up the prayers, we need them all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been watching the clock too and thinking...
We'll get through this, hon, but next year let's "skip" September, okay? Let's go to Germany for the month! :)
Love you!

MamaD4 said...

I'm putting it on my calendar! I have it in writing!! :)

Good luck, Dad. Just take it a moment at a time. As Eckhart Tolle says "focus on now, because now is all there is, the past is past and the future is only anticipation in your mind".

Love you. Stay strong.

Lindsey said...

Yeah good luck dad, stay positive! you'll heal alot quicker and by spring we can go out to colorado on a trip!!---eli

DD4 said...

So happy for the good report from today (Thursday, September 25). My prayers, and those of many others, are with you both. May you have a successful surgery, and a complete and speedy recovery.