Tuesday, January 6, 2009

piano man







Today we had the piano tuned up, hoping that it would fix a kind of rattling sound when the keys are released. Although he did find an old plastic paper clip in behind the keyboard the problem is still there. He says that the keys can be removed as a unit but he was unwilling to do it for fear of causing more trouble. On Sunday we had Eli, Lindsey, Leah, and Aaron over to watch the Vikings lose to the Eagles. Leah had on the Viking cheerleader outfit that Jan gave her for Christmas, so I will show a couple pictures of her.
Of course I had to show one of her little brother too just to even things out. You may or may not be aware that we had freezing rain on Saturday and as of today it really hasn't melted much even though it has been in the high twenties and clear the last two days. I waited until around 2pm to let some of the ice disappear and went for a good walk. I suppose for a couple miles anyhow. We do have a treadmill but I don't like it much, my legs feel like lead after I get off the thing, so I much prefer walking outdoors if at all possible. I see the thermometer at the bank said 29, so it is pretty nice, clear and quiet to boot. It feels very good to get out and walk for a half hour or more without the limp that has all but disappeared. The recovery marches on. I just finished " Eisenhower, a soldiers life", and it was a good long read, with incredible details of his life. This one ended at the end of the Second World War, so actually there was a lot of life after that. I just wish that I could remember 10% of the facts brought out. Saint Jan and I plan on heading to Rochester over the weekend to watch the boys while the girls go shopping somewhere. Bill Peck, another EAFB comrade also called over the weekend so I heard from him too. I plan on trying to get to see him sometime this Spring as we have not seen each other since 1966 when I was discharged. It should be interesting. We also have an appointment at Mayo the end of March to see about putting some teeth back into my new jaw. We shall have to see how involved that is, like will it interfere with next Summer's riding etc.. I am getting along pretty well with the teeth that are left so it can wait if need be. Well, time will tell won't it?

4 comments:

MamaD4 said...

EAFB = Ellsworth Air Force Base. It took me a minute.

I wish that I would have spent more time playing the piano while I was home so that I could have heard that sound. I did play a little and don't recall anything.

I'm glad to hear that you have been out walking! I hope you're still going to want your bike?

Anonymous said...

We think the sound in the piano came for Christmas and it was nice to hear someone play when you were here. Gen even played over last weekend. Yes, I'm still planning on a bike if it ever warms up. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Ah, summer riding...can't wait!

Lindsey said...

dad you should run the toy hauler out there and see if those guys would want to come..might be fun, grab a 22 and go walking through the woods again..tresspassing is only 50$ last time I got one. if u get caught..never know,definite smiles I bet though. e