Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas 2019 post script

   Our Christmas get together in Edina at the Homewood Suites has come to an end for this year. I think that we all agree that it went very well all in all, with plenty to do and an unusually nice string of above average weather. Everybody on Jan and my side of the family was here including my brothers and spouses. Hans, Rachel, Josiah, Annika and William from Burke, Virginia. Steve, Gen, Sam and Gus from Rochester, Minnesota. Eli, Lindsey, Leah and Aaron from St. James. My brother Phil and wife Laura, brother Paul and wife Marcy spent some time with us. One morning I drove my beautiful daughters around to some Goodwills and a book store. It was fun with little traffic and a used book store that I scored at, I think they did okay at Goodwill. That afternoon the kids all went skating somewhere not too far away. Monday night was football and typically the Vikings looked lost against the Packers, at home to boot. We were in the main area at the motel and had a fairly wild time and picked up a guy from London that joined in for a beer and some of Marcy's chili. He had a very interesting history, born in Angola, scuba dives for fun and looks like he may be a corporate head hunter. Yesterday was nice in the morning and sad too with everybody heading out in different directions at once, Hans and Rachel and their gang back to the airport to drop the rental and hop the flight back to Virginia, Steve and Gen and theirs to Rochester, Eli headed off to Hancock to pick up some coal at Laura's family farm, Lindsey and theirs to St. James. Paul and Marcy off to Hector and Fairmont, Phil to Hancock, Laura to her Mom's and Jan and I to the bike shops in Lakeville and home to St. James. Our three, Gen, Rachel and Eli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot, those are some handsome children! Thanks for coming up and staying with us, thanks to Jan for bringing all that food, thanks for chauffeuring us around to our various destinations (we DID do pretty well at the Goodwill)! Merry Christmas! R

DD4 said...

So nice to read this recent post. I'm so happy your family had this special time together. I know I really enjoyed the time I spent with Rachel, Hans, Josiah, Annika and William. Those kids are really growing up.