Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our Baby is 30











This blog will be following the incentive from Rachel, posting for her daughter Annika. I really don't know why it should be so hard for me to tell my children that I am so proud of them, but it is. I wonder if it may come from my background. Man, the older you get the more that you recognise influences from your childhood poking through. Eli, I am not sure where you got your work ethic probably from your Mother, but it makes me proud to see that you are not afraid to work hard to get what you want. I ought to know I have helped on a few construction projects with you. We can see what a good father and husband you have become and that makes us happy for you too. You have gone from a child on a Z50 Honda to a rider that quite frankly scares me to watch at times, so I let you break trail when we ride off road. You have gone from entry level jobs to being an engineer for the Union Pacific. You have no idea how much pride we take in watching you grow into a man that we can be proud of. I hope that you don't find this too mushy but it is for a 30 year old that still kisses his Mom and I and says " I love you".
Love Dad

5 comments:

Mom said...

You don't give yourself enough credit, hon. He got a lot of his fathering skills from you...

Many more great birthdays, E! We love you!

Lindsey said...

Thanks Dad, that was a very nice post I hope that it's off road I scare you sometimes and not on the road(that'd be bad) anyway just got home and Linz told me to check it out and that made my day, thanks-E

DD4 said...

What a nice tribute to your son. It brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday, Eli!

MamaD4 said...

Happy Birthday, E!

Kathy said...

Believe me, it was our upbringing. I never recovered from the lack of love or affection not shown in my childhood. But you did learn somewhere (again with Jan's help). I realized that when I saw the handpainted rocking chair you did when Rachel was born. And by choosing Valentine's day as your wedding date.