Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's William

I am going to put up a short post to inform my readers about a major event in our family. Last night- Tuesday- the phone rang and it was Hans calling from Germany. I and St. Jan knew right away what the call was about, William Friedrich ( I hope that I have the second name correct) had made his entrance. The time was before 10pm in Stuttgart, he weighed 6 pounds and 15 ounces and is 21 inches long. Shouldn't we say tall for that measurement? It sounds like a big fish that you just landed. Will joins big brother Josiah and big sister Annika. It feels a little odd not being able to run and see him. When Joe was born in San Diego we loaded up the pickup and headed west and we were waiting to leave the Minneapolis airport on the way to Japan when we got word that Annika had arrived. That time we actually got to the hospital to see her after a 13 hour flight. I'm thinking that Jan and I will not jump the Atlantic as the DeFor family should be back in the States in a couple of months, if they can just get the orders that they have been waiting for for some time. I will post another blog in the future when we get more information. The weather here has been kind of nasty, cold, rainy and just gloomy. We had a couple more windows replaced today with Anderson replacement windows. They are really good looking and tight, but not cheap, but then what good thing is ever cheap, inexpensive maybe but not cheap. I also started into cleaning the carburators on my 94 Ducati. They are really grungy, primarily from spending too much time sitting in the garage waiting for her turn to go, not easy when there are newer and prettier faces getting all of the attention. I am also trying a twist on remembering which part goes where, I am actually video taping the process. Anyhow, stay tuned when I hear something I'll get it on line. Bye

3 comments:

Jan said...

Yes, we're all excited about William. He's lucky to have landed in this family, and we're all blessed that he did!
Well, I'm sure not younger than Francesca (the '94 Ducati), and she's awful pretty, but I'm glad you can spare me some attention too. I cause even trouble than she does if I don't get attention!
Good blog, Grandpa K. to the seventh power.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest addition!

I feel a little sorry for poor Francesca. Those poor older models.

(Melissa)

DD4 said...

Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa K. Isn't it exciting to have another angel in our family?! I'm anxious to see him too.