Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Colorado again short version











This will be a short version of my most recent trip to Colorado. I just got back on Friday from a six day trip back to the San Juan mountains of south west Colorado. I actually stayed at the same motel that Eli and I stayed in when we were there in 2001. I had to find out if I still had it in me to do those rough trails again and I guess that I do. One of the fun parts of riding in terrain like that is the people that you meet, everyone friendly and having a great time. I have to give a great big thanks to St. Jan for encouraging me to do crazy things like this. One of my favorite motto's is, there is more to life than just living. I have a tee shirt that has a similar saying on the back that I should take a picture of and include in the final draft. Anyhow, I had a great time and just came home a little sore from doing so much riding standing up. I'll add a few pictures to give a taste of the riding. Oh yah, I was riding down the main drag of Silverton when I heard my cell phone ring and it was St. Jan with news that the two biopsies turned out to be benign, so that was a real day brightener. Stay tuned for more updates.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Good to talk to you and to read your Colorado blog. I had a mental picture of you standing up while going down the road. But I figured out that you stand up while riding rough terrain, right?

DD4 said...

Pete, that road looks mighty scary! Glad you made it back okay and also happy about your good news.

MamaD4 said...

OMG...I agree with Donna. I'm looking at all of that enormous, loose gravel and feeling a little light-headed!

Of course, you have a LOT more experience than most. I'm glad that you had a good time and I'm sure that the scenery was unbelievable. Travelling like that, you see things that the general populace does not.